Abbot Mill has been brought back to life in a ten year,┬ápainstaking, historic restoration, modernization and reconfiguration that maintains the historic integrity and restores the character of the original mill. Dating back to the 1870’s Abbot Worsted Mill took over the horse and nail factory which had produced axles, iron parts and nails, changing it to expand manufacturing of wool and carpet yarn in 1879. Abbot constructed the two and three story buildings in 1887 and enlarged them in 1910. The renovation preserves sections of the original wood flooring, exposed bricks, beams, hanging fire doors and various historic artifacts from the original mill.